In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood
by Walt Brown, PhD
This understandable, comprehensive, and meticulously documented
resource will give new insight to readers of all backgrounds.
In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for
Creation and the Flood takes a different look at a currently
hot topic. In this expanded 8th edition, evidence that revolutionizes our understanding
of origins is carefully explained. You will be challenged to
consider fresh ideas in this age-old debate.
Part I of In the Beginning discusses, in quick
overview, 131 categories of evidence from biology, astronomy,
and the physical and earth sciences. More technical discussions
and documentation are found in the author's extensive endnotes.
- Does the scientific evidence support evolution or creation?
- What insights do genetics and the fossil record provide?
- How old is the earth? What dating techniques indicate a young earth?
- What discoveries in outer space relate to our beginnings?
- Does Noah's Ark exist? What is the CIA's "Ararat Anomaly"?
Part II introduces and describes the hydroplate theory—a
new theory developed after more than 35 years of study by Dr.
Walt Brown, a former evolutionist. This theory explains a catastrophic
event in earth's history and answers a host of previously unexplained
questions raised by physical observations. For decades, evolutionists
complained that creationists only criticized evolution and did
not have sound scientific theories of their own. The hydroplate
theory ends that complaint and explains, with overwhelming evidence,
earth's defining geological event—a worldwide flood.
- If there was a global flood, where did all the water come from? Where did it go?
- What were the powerful fountains of the great deep?
- How was the Grand Canyon carved in weeks after a post-flood lake (Grand lake) breached?
- What suddenly froze and buried the mammoths? How could they have survived the 6-month winter nights inside the Arctic Circle?
- How did mountain ranges, volcanoes, submarine canyons, coal and oil deposits, and deep ocean trenches form?
- How process sorted fossils and produced layered strata?
- How did comets, asteroids, and meteoroids form?
Thirty-seven other frequently asked questions fill a fascinating Part III, including:
- Is global warming occurring? If so, what causes it?
- Have scientific tools detected genetic traces of Adam and Eve within us?
- Is evolution compatible with the Bible?
- How accurate is radiocarbon dating?
- What about the dinosaurs?
- What hydroplate predictions have been confirmed?
- How can the study of creation be scientific?
- Galaxies are billions of light-years away, so isn’t the universe billions of years old?
About the Author
Walt Brown received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from
the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he was
a National Science Foundation Fellow. He has taught college courses
in physics, mathematics, and computer science. Brown is a retired
Air Force full colonel, West Point graduate, and former Army
Ranger and paratrooper. Assignments during his 21 years of military
service included: Director of Benét Laboratories (a major research,
development, and engineering facility); tenured associate professor
at the U.S. Air Force Academy; and Chief of Science and Technology
Studies at the Air War College. For much of his life Walt Brown
was an evolutionist, but after years of study, he became convinced
of the scientific validity of creation and a global flood. Since
retiring from the military, Dr. Brown has been the Director of
the Center for Scientific Creation and has worked full time in
research, writing, and teaching on origins. His biography is
in Christian Men of Science: Eleven Men Who Changed the World
by Mulfinger and Orozco.
Shipping for this item in the USA: Starts at
$5.23, one of the lowest shipping charges you'll find.
To view other shipping options, place item in your shopping cart,
go to the Check Out page, and input your state and zipcode or your country.
Order online, or by mail or phone.